House of goth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of goth

A place for the gothic or the gothic minded to chat.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone listen to the new Seether album....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
C'iana DeCampli

C'iana DeCampli

Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Empty
PostSubject: Anyone listen to the new Seether album....   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 am

[left]Hello, loves... I know Seether is not "absolutely" goth.... But Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces - the new album caught my eye in the music shop and I had to listen.... The album art is extremely interesting and soo goes with the title... Of course, the words to the songs are what captured me in total... I'm partial to Breakdown and a few others... Can I just say that Seether should have done Careless Whisper in the first place.... The sound to the song and the way it was performed just stunned me to silence and made me move.... You can't help but dance to it.... Very Happy

Hope something moved you today.... As ever, C'iana
Back to top Go down
http://www.cianadecamplipoetry.webs.com
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

PostSubject: Re: Anyone listen to the new Seether album....   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 pm

We SELDOM disagree but I guess it was bound to happen...."Careless whisper" is a song that , if remade by a ROCK group, causes instant loss of credibility IMO....lets not remake 80's dance pop and call it rock..its annoying to me. I think Seether is above that..and tho it will likely be a hit..I cringe whenever I hear it.
George Michael is a VERY underrated singer..but his stuff was really dance/emo and is best left that way. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.cellardweller.4t.com
Nurse

Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Anyone listen to the new Seether album....   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 pm

I adore that album, the songs are actually very catchy.
Back to top Go down
C'iana DeCampli

C'iana DeCampli

PostSubject: And that's what friends are for...   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 am

lol! Well now... That is not all together true, Marcus... We have disagreed before---remember The Cure discussion.... Very Happy We do agree to disagree on this album and probably many others... Careless Whisper/George Michael... Ok, EMO but I'm a girl still and like some emo music like The Cure... However, not being an artist/musician, I guess maybe remaking a song could seem like a total sellout but maybe a tribute to a song you love or a hero in music you love too.... Maybe???

But hey, I love all music from classical to Carfax Abby to Dio to Black Sabbath to Black Eyed Peas to James Brown to Carpathian Forrest to Blutengel to The Cure to anything jazz and blues to Enya to Flogging Molly to soooooo much more...

Music and life have different flavors and I have many moods to appreciate them all..... Very Happy

I love this discussion.....so much more pleasant than fighting on Imgoth...

Ever yours,
C'iana

Nurse: I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.cianadecamplipoetry.webs.com
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

PostSubject: Re: Anyone listen to the new Seether album....   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm all for remakes to a degree..I love the Ramones and they did many...I STILL think Metallics cover of Seegers "turn the page" is their best song. I just think maybe crossing boundries into the genre of dance/emo might be bad for a hardcore sounding band. The fans of the band prolly DONT dance..thus saying ' never gonna dance again" even WITH the implied sexual connotations..sounds lame to me.
Hard to imagine me jumping around the stage BLASTING power chords out in a remake of " I'll tumble for ya" LMFAO lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cellardweller.4t.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone listen to the new Seether album....   Anyone listen to the new Seether album.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone listen to the new Seether album....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of goth :: Music-
Jump to: