House of goth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of goth

A place for the gothic or the gothic minded to chat.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Suggestions?

Go down 
+2
†Damion†Apocalypse†
Marcus Kane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:15 am

If you have a band you might be into that others may not have heard of..let us know!

I'll start: NATURE- a kinda rob zombie meets chili peppers style band..worth a listen for the Marquis de sade inspired song "Justine"
Back to top Go down
http://www.cellardweller.4t.com
†Damion†Apocalypse†

†Damion†Apocalypse†

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 am

alesana- 5the guy sounds like a chick but i like the band overall
Back to top Go down
Crymson

Crymson

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: RE: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 7:17 am

Ra seems to be less known. I like it, more Alt.-Rock/Metal though.
Some of the songs have an Egyptian feel. [Sticking to the roots of their name Ra- Egyptian Sun God]
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Ok heres one thats Fairly obscure but well worth looking for..Bionic Jetz. Its a kinda Metal/rap combo that really DOES rock. They had a song featured in the Transporter 2 movie and tho I normally don't like that style of music..its really something to make an exception over!
Back to top Go down
†Damion†Apocalypse†

†Damion†Apocalypse†

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 am

Crymson wrote:
Ra seems to be less known. I like it, more Alt.-Rock/Metal though.
Some of the songs have an Egyptian feel. [Sticking to the roots of their name Ra- Egyptian Sun God]

i love this band they came out in 2000 i think hte very first song ive ever heard by them was call my name
Back to top Go down
Samina

Samina

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: I would have to say   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:21 am

i would have to say Waking State. It's a female fronted blues-rock band from Washington. Their songs deal with drug addiction, love, pain, and are extremely heartfelt and meaningful. They kinda disappeared at the end of 2005, but they released an album. I have about 4 or 5 songs from it, and i absolutely adore them.
Back to top Go down
†Damion†Apocalypse†

†Damion†Apocalypse†

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:06 am

In This Moment- they have a really good vocalist IMO
Back to top Go down
Crymson

Crymson

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 am

†Damion†Apocalypse† wrote:
In This Moment- they have a really good vocalist IMO

I agree, my friend bought me one of their promo CDs at the beginning of summer and I've liked them since.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:06 am

HAUNTED GARAGE is pretty cool..as are ELECTRIC FRANKENSTIEN
Back to top Go down

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:06 am

Ignitor. They're an Austin, TX metal band with a female singer who could go toe to toe with Bruce Dickinson and a chick shredder. Erika's really cool and talented and so is Anna and the rest of the band for that matter. They're straight up OLD SCHOOL metal. They have this nice power thrash thing goin on. Very classic style.
Back to top Go down
†Damion†Apocalypse†

†Damion†Apocalypse†

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:25 pm

job for a cowboy. they use alot of pig squeels
Back to top Go down
Curragh

Curragh

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:41 am

†Damion†Apocalypse† wrote:
job for a cowboy. they use alot of pig squeels

Any band that uses a lot of pig squeals is worth checking out.

On the opposite end of the spectrum from pig squeals: I go through long periods of being utterly addicted to Sigur Ros (they're from Iceland). They ain't metal, and they ain't goth, but these cats have some serious vision.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 am

Not everyone will appreciate them..but "The men they couldn't hang" are a very interesting folk/celtic sounding group that I enjoy:)
Back to top Go down
Curragh

Curragh

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:16 am

I dig The Men They Couldn't Hang.

How about Flogging Molly?

If it's Rebel music you want, there's a now-defunct band from Tipperary called The Rebel Hearts who were pretty old school in their bar-room pride and vociferous dislike of the crown.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 am

A great Belfast band that I only recently discovered is "ghost of an American airman" really good pop/rock band that prolly would have been famous if u2 hadn't taken all the thunder:)
Back to top Go down
Curragh

Curragh

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am

Since we've delved into pop, I gotta put a shout out to Stellastarr. I think they're from NY. They have kind of a shoegaze/dreampop slant to traditional pop. And they're just so damn catchy.
Back to top Go down
Nurse

Nurse

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:35 am

Kamelot? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:36 am

Should I BE so obvious as to say CELLAR DWELLER? lol
Back to top Go down
Nurse

Nurse

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:38 am

AnCafe >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions?   Any Suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of goth :: Music-
Jump to: